January – into early summer
Party chairs utilize social media for Save the Date; secure a location and caterer for the class party; set up a reunion committee and responsibilities, and begin to locate lost classmates. Individual class events are planned and paid for by individual classes.
- February 28 at 12:00 pm – Reunion Chair meeting
- Recruit class treasurer and establish a mechanism for handling reunion registration and payments. Begin utilizing social media for Save the Date, secure a location and caterer for the class party, set up a reunion committee, and begin to locate lost classmates. Send updated classmate contact information to email@example.com.
- Create Alumni Weekend postcard
- Your reunion date will be included in all future publications and emails.
- March 13 – Save the Date graphic posted on social media
- March 28 – Deadline to recruit class treasurer
- Recruit other classmates to start calling members of your class to update emails/mailing addresses and personally invite them to the reunion. Tell them more details will follow. This step is an ONGOING process throughout your reunion planning. Remember, group invitations are great, but a personal phone call from a classmate is the best way to increase reunion attendance!
- May 22 – Alumni Weekend postcard with specifics mailed
- May 28 at 12:00 pm – Reunion Chair meeting (very important to have at least one party chairman present at this meeting)
- Finalize details for your reunion date/events and forward them to MEF at firstname.lastname@example.org for inclusion in future mailings and online reunion registration page. Things to consider in planning your event: Type of event, Location, Booking Deposit, Cost per person, Reunion prizes if applicable, Caterer, Cash Bar vs Open Bar, Entertainment, Memorabilia, Set up/Clean up, etc.
- June 1 – Reunion Class Party Information sent
- Registration for Friday night events at SMHS will occur online for classmates (tailgate and game tickets).
- A separate payment system must be set up for your class reunion party. Most classes open a checking account (ex. “Class of 2011 Reunion”) and have classmates mail checks to a designated person who serves as treasurer. In addition, your class can set up a PayPal account to give people the option of online payment. (Be sure to include the cost of venue rental, food, reunion prizes if applicable, caterer, cash bar vs open bar expenses, entertainment, memorabilia/decorations, set up/clean costs, etc). Please forward this information to email@example.com so we can include it on your online registration page, on the SMHS Alumni website and in future mailings.
- July 25 – Party Chair to send email to classmates who haven’t RSVPed
- Send MEF (firstname.lastname@example.org) final details, along with any updated addresses you’ve found, so we can mail out an invitation that includes all of the event details, payment methods, and registration information.
- August 4 – MEF sends second round of Alumni Weekend information.
- August 18 – Final party reminders from reunion chairs
- Attend Alumni Weekend events as a class host
- Attend Class Reunion party as a class host
- Deadline for reunion chairs to provide updated alumni contact information and event comments to SMHS Alumni Society at email@example.com.
**Alumni Weekend is held in conjunction with Homecoming week at SMHS. The football coach and administration determine the game date which will be conveyed to the reunion committee as soon as it is known. The date of Homecoming may differ from the month above so the months/dates of responsibilities may switch accordingly.
- Online Registration for Friday night Alumni Weekend events
- 2 mailings – Save the Date and Detailed Reunion Invitation
- Email invitations
- Advertising online and in newsletter
- Class Contact Lists
- Name Tags for pre-registrants
Individual Class provides:
- Committee to plan Individual Class Reunion event
- Money collection for Individual Class Reunion event
- Phone Calls to invite classmates
- Update contact information for classmates
- Social media advertising